Makeup is an art, and before you start to create a masterpiece, you should always have a clean canvas! Yes that’s right, you should make sure that you have a clean skin before you apply your makeup. You might have seen your friends, classmates or colleagues who have layers of foundation on them coupled with uneven concealer, blush, powders and who knows what else. Unfortunately, not many of us know how to put on makeup and end up with splashing our face with whatever we find on our cosmetic palette.
Here are 7 easy steps that can give you the best face you have ever wanted, and the best part about this is that you can finish this in less than 15 minutes.
- Concealer: the most important is the base of any construction. Applying makeup is no different. You need to have a strong base so that your makeup can stay for a longer time and can give you a charming look throughout the day. Hence, try to apply a concealer which is one shade lighter than your skin. If you have any blemishes or dark circles, dot the concealer and blended with your fingertips. You could also use a makeup sponge if you like.
- Foundation: one common mistake that women tend to commit is that they choose a foundation that is lighter than their skin. This is why you see women whose faces look paler than their body. Choose a foundation that matches exactly to your skin tone. Apply this foundation in dots over the center part of your face and then blended around your face with your fingertip or sponge. Make sure that your foundation has covered your entire face.
- Press powder: you could use a pressed powder or loose powder over your foundation and concealer so that it can stay longer. You could carry this out along with you whenever you need a touch up.
- Eyebrow pencil: use an eyebrow pencil lashes for downturned eyes to do your eyebrows. Do not choose a black eyebrow pencil but go for brown because it looks more natural. Apply it in the direction your hair grows.
- Eye shadow: use a dark shade to line your upper lid and then apply a medium shade for the crease. Choose a lighter shade for the under area of the eyebrow. Choose the eye shadow according to your outfit.
- Blush: apply blush to the apples of your cheek. If you think that the blush is too bright you can blend it in.
- Lipstick: choose a lipstick that can suit your skin tone. You can mix and match colors and textures according to your outfit and mood.
They say that you should always put your best face forward, and these simple steps can be your best makeup secret for your everlasting makeup.